Does your neck have darker areas and are you ashamed to wear it? Do not worry, because with some simple remedies you will be able to reduce those spots and return to having a beautiful and unified skin. Spots on the neck can appear for several reasons, but among them, exposure to the sun without previously protecting the skin and aging are the most common. The neck is an area that we often forget, but to keep it always beautiful and young it is also important to take care of it in the same way we do
Why dark spots appear on the neck
When there are spots on the skin, it is due to an excess of melanin, which is the pigment responsible for coloring the dermis and protecting it against the UV rays of the sun. If the production of melanin accumulates in certain points and is not balanced, spots appear that may have different colors and symmetries, although dark are the most common.
There are several factors that can favor the appearance of dark spots on the skin of the neck, such as prolonged sun exposure, the natural aging process, hormonal alterations, the use of some aggressive cosmetic products, the taking of medicines, etc.
It is important that the appearance of dark spots is due to a medical cause, consult with the dermatologist and follow all instructions. Likewise, when the spots are located on the neck, it is important to rule out the condition of a skin condition called acanthosis nigricans or pigmentary, which manifests with small dark spots in the folds of the neck, armpits, groin, hands, feet or knees and with a thicker skin, velvety and rough. It results in high levels of insulin in the body and is more common in people who are overweight or obese, hormonal problems, are taking some medications or have stomach, colon or liver cancer.
Exfoliates the skin of the neck
For home remedies to lighten the dark neck are more effective, the first thing you should do is exfoliate the skin of the neck. With this task, you can eliminate all the dead cells accumulated in the area and make it easier for the treatments you apply to penetrate the skin much better, thus providing greater whitening.
You can perform the exfoliation with a commercial exfoliating product or use a homemade product made with natural products, such as the one prepared with sugar and olive oil. In the following article you can see how to prepare these and other homemade exfoliants for the face . You will only have to wash the area and on the moist skin of the neck apply the exfoliant making circular and soft massages for a few minutes. Then, rinse the area with plenty of water and dry.
Lemon and yogurt to remove stains from the neck
Both lemon and natural yogurt are two natural products with important whitening properties. The lemon contains vitamin C and this helps to inhibit the production of melanin, making dark spots shrink and the skin look whiter. Yoghurt, on the other hand, has a whitening effect thanks to the lactic acid that it possesses, besides it is a great moisturizer and natural humectant, so it will not only help you to lighten the dark neck , but also it will bring hydration and softness to your skin.
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 natural yogurt
What to do
- Cut the lemon and squeeze it to get its juice.
- In a bowl, add the natural yogurt and add the lemon juice.
- Mix both ingredients until they are integrated.
- Apply the mask obtained on the dark neck and let it rest for 20 or 30 minutes.
- After that time, remove with plenty of cold or warm water.
It is important that right after performing this treatment, do not expose your skin to the sun, as new spots may appear due to the lemon. It is best to do it at night before going to sleep.
Cream of aloe Vera and rose water to clear the neck
Another natural option to eliminate brown spots on the neck and get a more beautiful and even skin is this homemade cream of aloe Vera and rose water that we propose. The reason is that aloe removes the accumulation of melanin in the skin and attenuates existing spots, in addition rose water is a product that acts against aging and can be very useful to prevent other signs of aging.
- 4 tablespoons of aloe Vera gel
- 5 or 6 drops of rose water
What to do
- In a bowl, add the aloe Vera gel. You can use the one that is extracted directly from the aloe leaf or a pure aloe gel sold in health food stores.
- Add the rose water and stir until you get a consistent cream.
- Spread the cream on the skin of the neck and leave for 20 minutes.
In case you want to make rose water yourself, you can consult the article How to make rose water at home.
Oats, honey and milk to whiten the neck
The combination of these three ingredients gives us as a result one of the best existing remedies to lighten the dark neck fast and return to the skin hydration and lost luminosity. Oats act as a good exfoliant and whiten the skin thanks to the starch it contains. On the other hand, milk also lightens stains by lactic acid and is very moisturizing just like honey.
- 3 tablespoons ground oats
- 3 tablespoons of organic honey
- a cold milk stream
What to do
- In a bowl, first mix the ground oats with the honey until you obtain a consistent paste without lumps.
- Add a stream of cold milk to the previous mixture and stir again.
- Apply the preparation obtained with the help of a cotton disk. Pass it around the neck and let it sit for about 30 minutes before washing the area.
Aspirin mask to clear the skin of the neck
Did you know that aspirin can help you whiten the skin of the neck without damaging it? That’s right, this popular medication to relieve headaches, eliminates dark spots in the dermis thanks to salicylic acid , which allows to exfoliate the skin and whiten it.
- 3 aspirins
- 1 small spoonful of baking soda
- 1 small spoonful of plain yogurt
- 1/2 lemon
What to do
- Crush the aspirins until they turn into fine powder.
- Mix the aspirin with the bicarbonate and the yogurt in a bowl.
- Squeeze half a lemon and add the juice to the previous mixture.
- With the help of a cotton disc, apply this mask on the spotted neck and let it act for 20 minutes.
Rinse the neck with baking and lemon
This is one of the most popular treatments to lighten the skin , and is that the combination of bicarbonate with lemon provides us with an exfoliating formula that is able to eliminate dead cells, reduce dark spots, unify the tone of the skin and prevent the formation of new spots. It also cleanses the skin and prevents the appearance of impurities.
- 1/2 tablespoon of baking soda
- 5 drops of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of water
What to do
- Squeeze the lemon juice and mix it with the baking soda in a bowl.
- Add the water and stir again until the paste obtained has no lumps.
- Extend the baking and lemon mask over the dark neck and let it act for 20 minutes.
- After that time, remove with plenty of water and go!
This treatment is also ideal for acne, discover all its benefits in the article Mask of baking and lemon for acne.
Article Source:Tape Daily