Roulette is the oldest casino game. It’s a fun game, which does not really require skills, ideal for novices. The goal of the game is to guess on which number of the wheel will fall the white ball launched by the croupier. For this, you can make different types of bets. Roulette is not necessarily the game with the best odds for the player.
The game of roulette consists of a wheel, a white ball and a carpet to bet.
- Full Number : You choose to bet on a single number. You can win 35 times your bet.
- Riding : You choose to bet on two numbers. The two numbers chosen must be side by side. You then place your chips on the demarcation line of both numbers. This bet pays you 17 times your bet.
- Transversal : This is a bet on 3 numbers in the same row. You must place your chips on one of the outer rows of the row. You can win 11 times your bet.
- Sizain : this is a bet on 6 numbers (2 rows must be side by side). You must place your chips on the outside row on the two rows concerned. You win 5 times your bet.
- Red / Black : You bet on one color. This bet pays its bet 1 time.
- Lack / Pass : If you think the number will be between 1 and 18, you bet “miss”. If you think it will be between 19 and 36, you bet on “pass”. You win 1 bet.
- Odd / Pai r: You bet either on par or odd. You win once your bet.
- Dozens : You bet on one of the three dozen: the first (1 to 12), the second (13 to 24) or the third (25 to 36). You win 2 times your bet.
- Columns : You choose one of the three columns. You win twice your bet.
European and American roulette
The difference between the two is that the American roulette has a double zero in addition to the zero. The advantage of the casino goes from 2.7% for the European roulette to nearly 5.3% for the American roulette!
It is therefore much better to play European Roulette, the advantage of the casino is lower.