One of the most popular card games in Spain is the Mus which is originally from the Basque Country and which, at present, is also played in other Latin American countries such as Chile, Colombia or Argentina. It has been practiced for more than 200 years and has a large number of rules and tricks that it is important that you know so that the game develops correctly. For that reason, in this article of a How we are going to discover how to play the Mus indicating all the possible ways of game so that you have a great time with yours.
Steps to follow:
1 In order to learn how to play Mus, the first thing to know is that this game is only valid with a Spanish deck , that is, the deck that has figures such as swords, clubs, gold and the cup. The two wild cards and the number 8 and 9 of each suit should be set aside because these cards are not played.
Once this is known, we will indicate the value of the Mus cards:
- Figures and number 3: worth 10 points
- Ace and number 2: worth 1 point
- The rest of the cards will be worth their own value (for example, 5 will be worth 5 points, 7 will be seven points, etc.
The main objective that is sought with the Mus are the bets and there are 4 types of possible bets: the Big, the Girl, the Pairs or the Game. In each hand, the winning couple will accumulate points (which are also known as “stones”).
2 Now, in order to play the Mus you must know that a game is divided into:
- Games: each hand
- Points: the points that are obtained each time the game is finished
- Cows: They are the different games (1, 2 or 3) and, in turn, each game contains 40 stones. The winner of the game is the one who manages to arrive before the number of cows that has been stipulated.
3 We already know a bit about the structure of this card game, therefore, we are going to start playing. The first thing is that a player deals the cards, he will have to give 4 to each player and the order that he must follow is the one that follows the hands of the clock; in this way the positions will be established:
The one that distributes will be the dessert, that is, the last one to speak
The first to receive the letter will be the hand, that is, the first to speak and the one that has the greatest advantage because, in case of a tie, it will win “by the hand”
4 Starts the game. Each player should look at their cards and decide if they want to play or prefer to change them. As we have already said, the player assigned as “the hand” starts, that is, the first one to receive the card, if he wants to play he must press a “no mus” and if he wants to change them he must press “mus”. This point is important because if you opt for a “no mus” no other game can be discarded.
5 The Mus game bets are also different and very varied and the choice of them will depend on the type of cards you have in your hands:
- Bet on Big: in this bet the player with the highest card wins; in the case of a tie, the one with the second high value card will win. If they draw again, then the player closest to “the hand” will win.
- Bet on Girl: the bet focuses on the lowest card, that is, the player who has the lowest value card in their hands wins. If there is a tie, the one with the second card with the least value would win.
- Match betting: in this game the player with 2 or more cards with the same value wins. There are the pairs of pairs (i.e. 2 equal cards), pairs of socks (3 cards of equal value) or pairs of doubles (4 identical cards or, failing that, 2 double pairs)
- Match Bet: this bet refers to when the value of the cards in your hands totals 31 or more points. The player who is 31. Will win. If a player does not add 31, he cannot play this round.
- Bet to Point: if no player has “Game” then it is decided by this other bet in which the winner will be the winner who adds 30 points or, failing that, 29, 28, 27, etc.
6 The game begins with the player who is “hand” and, if it passes, then it will pass to the next (following the hands of the clock); he must decide whether to bet or prefer to pass. In case a player wants to bet he must press the “send” button and, then, the opposing pair can act in different ways:
- Rejecting the bet by pressing “I do not want”: makes the opponent add up the points that have been deposited until the penultimate bet. If it is the first bet, 1 stone is added.
- Accept the bet by pressing “I want”: the winner of the round would be decided when the end of this set was reached and assessing who has a better play.
- To raise the bet: then, the initial pair will have to decide if it wants to accept this rise or if, on the contrary, it leaves the set.
- Órdago: is a very special type of bet that means that a player bets the 40 stones he has.
7 In the event that a couple accepts the bet, then all the cards will be shown and the pair that has a better play will be the winner of the entire game. The stones will be shared after each play and this cast is also somewhat special:
If there has been no bet, the pair that has the best cards will win 1 stone.
If you have bet but the opponent did not want, add what has been bet until the penultimate bet.
If the bet has been accepted, at the end of the round it is accepted who is the winner and will add the stones that all betted.
If you want to read more articles similar to how to play Mus, we recommend you to enter our category of Leisure.
Article Source: Tape Daily